A Lovely Sunny Day from My Old Winter Seasons

What could be more relaxing than sitting in the Soft velvety warm sun of winters? Especially in smaller towns in India, kids, women or old people usually enjoy sitting in the sun on their terraces and indulge in some kind of their favorite activities such as reading book, playing some game, knitting or chit-chatting. This was like a daily routine until spring time arrived.

Today, I am also reminded of few such winters during 1990 – 1993. I definitely miss that beautiful time amid the hustle and bustle of Mumbai’s fast life and hectic schedules. 

I was in middle school. We used to get our final exams in the month of December only and it would get wrapped up by the Christmas day. After our exams got finished, we would get winter holidays till 2nd of January and that was the beginning of the new session. So, no burden of home work, course revision or any study related issue. Obviously, this was the total “masti” time that came with even parent’s approval. 

This was my most awaiting period of the year and I used to enjoy it the most. These holidays were the most relaxing for all of us children as there would be no shouting and compulsion from the parents to sit for study.

Fortunately or unfortunately, more than playing games or watching TV, I enjoyed reading story books, drawing or making some craft item in my free time. My favorite activity during those holidays was making New Year greeting cards for my friends. We used to exchange tiny handmade greeting cards with our friends on this occasion. Every day, after finishing my breakfast in the morning, I would climb up the terrace with my creativity bag and a mat. Sitting in the pleasant sunny day of cold, I would open up my artistic side. I just loved cutting papers in different floral or geometric shapes and then filling them in with different colors. I remember putting all my creativity in these greetings to make them stand out from rest of the friend’s cards. My cards were not fancy with artificial decoration supply or beads. They were simple yet lovely.  This sweet n simple yet quite engaging activity would fill my innocent world with joy and happiness.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip to Shimla and the “Quieter Shimla”

Ecstasy of Nature in the Monsoons – Lonavala

Home Décor with Rajasthani Embroidery